Supervisor for Accounts Payable / CreditorsPosted by: bettertomorrowjobs | Posted on: August 9, 2021
Website Nova Pioneer
About the Role
The Head of Accounts Payable is responsible for the end-to-end creditor’s / accounts payable function of the company in Kenya and South Africa and ensures that all creditors (national and international) are paid accurately and timeously. The position is responsible for maintaining an accurate accounts payable listing and requires the preparation of reconciliations versus suppliers’ statements, contacting suppliers to resolve discrepancies, performing banking payment runs, dealing with queries from staff, “billing” invoices on NetSuite and ensuring compliance with financial policies and procedures. The role is also responsible for the annual audit as it pertains to creditors and for producing and presenting creditors reports for internal review. Supervisory responsibility over accounts payable clerks.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Manages monthly closing of accounts payable financial records and posting of month end entries to ensure the accuracy of financial statements.
- Perform monthly supplier and applicable tax reconciliations to ensure accuracy of the accounts payable listing and aging and to ensure suppliers are only paid what they are due
- Ensuring all purchase orders are authorised are matched to a valid invoice before they are paid
- Ensure invoices and taxes are accurately captured on NetSuite before “billing” them
- Load payments on the online banking system and requesting approval for release
- Ensure suppliers are paid timeously and accurately in line with the company’s payment cycle
- Ensure that the banking details on banking systems match that of the creditor being paid
- Loading new creditors on the online banking system
- For international payments out of South Africa: Purchasing forex for international payments and obtaining required approvals
- Deal with queries from creditors and staff regarding payments
- Following accounting policies and procedures for prepayments and chasing clearance of pre-payments once final invoices are received
- Following accounting policies and procedures for emergency payments
- Contacting and resolving issues with suppliers including discrepancies on supplier statements, invoices, tracing missing payments and gathering all data required to completed accounts payable recons from external and internal parties
- Assist procurement in negotiating and applying for more favourable vendor terms
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the AP module in NetSuite including production of financial reports and to detect, analyse and resolve bottlenecks in the procure to pay workflow
- Present amounts to be paid and and creditors age analysis at semi-monthly payment review meetings and to financial managers on a monthly basis
- Support the finance team with the preparation of internal and external finance reports by ensuring accuracy of accounts payable and prepayment balances as recorded in the general ledger
- Responsible for accounts payable and prepayment accounts in the general ledger for internal reporting purposes and for the annual audit
- Liaising directly with auditors for items related to the accounts payable function
- Develops, implements and maintains systems, policies and procedures related to the accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to company policies
- Supervision of creditors clerks to meet the objectives of the accounts payable function
- Hires and trains employees and evaluates their performance to improve the functioning of the team
- A tertiary qualification in business or accounting – (South Africa Applicants)
- BCom Accounting / Finance and CPA-K – (Kenya applicants)
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in a finance unit performing creditors/accounts payable duties, preferably in a medium sized company.
- Must have staff supervisory experience Multinational experience is an advantage
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and escalate issues timeously
- Excellent organisational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritise time and work effectively;
- Possess well developed interpersonal and communications skills, which includes good meeting, telephone and email etiquette
- The ability to deal with difficult suppliers and staff including enforcing unpopular rules and policies
- Proven team player, professional, flexible and friendly
- Pays attention to detail, displays a high level of integrity and is deadline driven
- Proficient in Excel
- Previous working experience on recognised accounting systems
- NetSuite experience is advantageous
How to Apply:
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If so, then apply now!
To apply, please click on the “apply for job” button at the bottom of this page and complete the form on the right hand side of the page. We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in Microsoft Word® or PDF format to protect formatting.Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is identified. Only qualified candidates will be invited for interviews.
Working at Nova means:
- Fully embracing Nova’s values and beliefs and promoting them to students, staff, other faculty, parents and members of the outside community.
- Living the culture principles inside and outside of the school.
- Working cohesively in a team, being respectful of each person’s contributions and style.
- Maintaining positive, constructive and professional relationships with students, their families, and colleagues.
To apply for this job please visit novapioneer.applytojob.com.