Safaricom STEM Internship Program 2021Posted by: bettertomorrowjobs | Posted on: December 23, 2020
Safaricom PLC takes pride in continually investing in talent to ensure that they have the best pool of resources in the market and that their interns are equipped with key learning opportunities to expose and develop their skills for the future.
The company is pleased to announce internship opportunities for the year 2021 within the STEM disciplines.
The Internship program runs quarterly i.e. From February to April, May to July, August to October and November to February. Call for applications will only happen once in the year allowing you to indicate which quarter of the year you are available for.
The internship seeks to expose successful persons to the various teams within their assigned projects.
As an intern, you will:
- Tackle business challenges that make a real impact. Understand the different problems and solve them through data analytics
- Gain industry experience by working with domain and technology experts
- Participate in ideation, brainstorming on solving data science problems
- Be exposed to ‘on job training’ and exposure to our experienced leaders throughout the program.
- Understand the different problems and solve them through data analytics
- Work closely with different departments across organization
- Work alongside teams performing real tasks and you’ll develop your skills and build your network in a dynamic environment designed to support your long-term career objectives.
- Gain understanding of Agile practices and methodologies
- Access complex data sets and work with advanced analytical tools
- Get knowledge in different Safaricom products and services
- Improve your knowledge in Software Engineering, Big Data Engineering and Data Science
In keeping with Safaricom’s current learning needs, they are looking for candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Be either in: Your final year of a Undergraduate Degree in Applied Statistics, Technology, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or closely related studies OR Have completed your Undergraduate studies in the last 12 months OR currently Ongoing Masters/Post graduate studies in an accredited institution of higher learning;
- Be on break from school during the internship period for any of the quarters selected within the year to allow you to fully focus on the internship program (Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm);
- You can only select 1 quarter in the year for which you will be available for the internship
- Knowledge in any digital vertical within commercial e.g. digital marketing, digital sales, data science will be an added advantage;
- Dean’s academic commendation is an added advantage;
Ideal candidate’s requirements:
- Oral and written communication skills, the ability to follow instructions, as well as the ability to challenge the status quo will enhance a successful internship.
- Desire to gain professional experience and is incredibly eager to learn and explore the corporate environment
- Letter from your college indicating you are a student there and/or require internship as part of requirement for course completion.
- As part of the recruitment and on-boarding process the below documents will be required at a later stage.
- NSSF, NHIF, KRA PIN & Bank account details
- Good conduct & CRB certificate (not older than 12 months)
- Copy of National Identity Card.
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualifications, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on Safaricom’s recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button.
Remember to fill out your candidate profile and attach all relevant documents
Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit safaricom.taleo.net.