RESEARCH MEDICAL OFFICERPosted by: bettertomorrowjobs | Posted on: March 31, 2021
Website Impact Research and Development Organization
Impact Research and Development Organisation (IRDO), is a local non-governmental organisation in Kenya registered in 2003 with its headquarters in Kisumu, Western Kenya. Its principal mandate is to design and implement public health programs and research studies that benefit vulnerable populations, especially young people and women in Kenya.
The organisation is currently recruiting for the following position:
POSITION: RESEARCH MEDICAL OFFICER
Reports to: Study Coordinator
Duty Station: Duty Station: Kisumu
Job Summary: The successful candidate will oversee all clinical aspects of the study, supervise clinical staff, make orders of and monitor clinical supplies, ensure data are reported within specified timeframes for decision making, and work with the Study Coordinator to coordinate monitoring visits
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Have an in-depth understanding of the study designs and goals, and ensure that the study is conducted in compliance with the study protocol and other regulatory requirements
- In charge of study clinic, supervise clinical and nursing personnel and spearhead all study clinic activities management, clinic manuals and clinical procedures
- Perform regular trainings and assessments of all clinic staff regarding protocol adherence, GCP, SOPs, AE management, clinical manuals and clinical procedures
- Carry out medical examiniations, provide clinical care to participants, make diagnoses and decisions to admit patients according to study protocol.
- Perform and oversee study products and other prescriptions and use on participants
- Work with study teams to identify, investigate, manage, document and timely report all adverse events to the required regulatory authorities
- Ensure high quality data collection through regular and thorough review of participants records and clinical database
- Bachelors Degree in Medicine and Surgery (MBChB) or equivalent qualifications from a recognized university
- Registered by Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board
- Good Clinical Practice and Human Subjects Protection training with current certificat not older than 2 years
- At least 1 year recent hands-on experience and expertise in clinical research
- Proficiency in Excel, Access or other database applications, and internet research
How to Apply:
To apply, send your Cover Letter, a detailed CV with at least two (2) referees, expected salary, active email address and day telephone contacts to: email@example.com
Applicants must quote the title of the position they are applying for on the subject line of the email.
Hard copy applications can be delivered at IRDO head office in Kisumu, along Baring Road (Adjacent to Clarice Hotel), Milimani Estate, Kisumu.
All applications must be received by 28th 9th April 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Human Resource Manager
Impact Research and Development Organization
P. O. Box 9171 – 40141
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org