Project Officer – WASHPosted by: bettertomorrowjobs | Posted on: January 11, 2021
Website Kenya Red Cross Society
About the Role:
This role is for providing operational support and leadership in the day-to-day implementation of a Water, Sanitation and Hygiene project to promote the use of technology and modern approaches in WASH to improve sustainability of community water points and access to safe and clean water by vulnerable population.
The project will pilot the use of cash, market based interventions in WASH for one year, with the next phase dependent on the success of the first phase
Responsibilities & duties
Leadership and project implementation:
- Providing mentoring and coaching including on-job learning to KRCS volunteers to ensure coherent and coordinated quality implementation.
- Ensuring timely implementation of the day to day activities of the project as per the project log frame, ghant chart and budget.
- Ensuring project risk matrix analysis is observed through the project implementation
- Carrying out required verification and validation of cash transfer beneficiaries
- Working in close consultation with the County Coordinator, Regional Program teams including MEAL and the HQ program manager as necessary.
- Conducting field monitoring of project activities as well as support evaluation activities.
- Carry out beneficiary targeting, mobilization, and registration in line with community based targeting approaches and register beneficiaries using KRCS approved data collection platforms like RedRose platform.
- Contributing to development of case studies, best practices for learning and sharing of key findings and recommendations within the Movement as well as with external stakeholders.
- Following up on the project progress, document and share timely periodic project progress reports.
- Participating in regular and periodic project meetings.
- Implementing community engagement initiatives including timely response to complaints and feedback to ensure active participation of the local communities.
- Ensuring smooth coordination of KRCS activities with relevant Government Ministries (Ministry of Water and Ministry of Health)/Authorities including local leaders and communities as well as other NGOs.
- Higher diploma in WASH and related disciplines. University degree is an added advantage.
- Certificate in RCRC movement training in cash and voucher assistance/CTP is added advantage.
- Good understanding of WASH hardware services
- A good understanding of community work and effective project management.
- Demonstrated competency in Microsoft applications especially word, excel and power point.
- Significant understanding of operational realities of cash and vouchers assistance programming.
- A good understanding of the County Government structures.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers so as to reach them not later than 15th January 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit www.redcross.or.ke.