Office AssistantPosted by: bettertomorrowjobs | Posted on: March 31, 2021
Ipas works globally to improve access to safe abortion and contraception so that every woman and girl can determine her own future. Across Africa, Asia and Latin America, they work with partners to make safe abortion and contraception widely available, to connect women with vital information so they can access safe services, and to advocate for safe, legal abortion. They believe in a world where every woman and girl has the right and ability to determine her own sexuality and reproductive health.
The organisation is currently seeking to recruit for the position of Office Assistant
The Office Assistant is responsible for providing routine administrative assistance to the in-house Ipas staff, as well as to external consultants working on Ipas engagements. The Temporary Office Assistant processes invoices, supports the coordination of meetings and conferences, maintains and organizes physical and electronic documents, and performs other basic office duties.
- With guidance from the supervisor and other team members, develops correspondence (reports, letters and other documents) intended for both external and internal audiences and photocopies documentation as needed
- Supports the coordination of team meetings and external meetings, and assists with the development of workplans to carry out project-related tasks
- Assists with the preparation of travel arrangements for Ipas office staff and submits documentation for review
- Facilitates conferences by booking travel arrangements and hotel accommodations, preparing materials as necessary
- Provide administrative assistance to technical leads within their area of responsibility- finance, health system, R&E and/or policy
- Performs routine data entry tasks as required
- Maintains office supplies inventory
- Receive Vendor invoices record and scan for payment
- Performs other clerical and administrative duties as assigned
Internal & External Customers / Suppliers as well as Third Parties
- Collaborates with associates, advisors and managers to schedule daily, weekly and monthly tasks
- Works with associates, advisors and managers to plan and arrange travel, conferences and meetings
- Collaborates with caterers and other external vendors to plan and execute off-site events
Minimal Requirements for Position
- A high school diploma, or equivalent
- 0-2 years’ experience in office management
- 6 – 9 months of administrative support experience
- Fluency in written and spoken English language
- Proficient in MS-Office suites
- Ability to multitask and prioritise work
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Great Interpersonal skills, ability to multitask and contribute in a team
- An active and passionate Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights advocate
- Proactive and willing to learn
Ipas is strongly committed to providing a work environment that is free from all forms of harassment, discrimination, and inequity. They recruit, employ, train, promote, and compensate our personnel without regard to race, age, sex, religion, national origin, color, creed, ancestry, citizenship, caste, ethnicity, regional identity, tribal identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, or any other personal characteristic protected by law or outlined by Ipas policy. Ipas acknowledges that these personal characteristics may differ in different contexts.
To apply for this job please visit ipas.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.