Monitoring and Evaluation Volunteer – Nairobi (monthly stipend of US$300)Posted by: bettertomorrowjobs | Posted on: January 21, 2021
ACTED is committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
The organisation endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
They go the last mile by saving lives and supporting people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,600 national staff 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 14 million beneficiaries.
Status : volunteer
- Living allowance of 300 USD
- Lodging and food provided in the ACTED Guesthouse
- Flights tickets in and out + Visa taken in charge by ACTED
- Provision of medical and repatriation insurances
Duties & Responsibilities
- Contributing to an effective roll-out of M&E collection and reporting systems to all staff and partners through training, site visits, manuals, and other technical support as needed;
- Contributing to the development and updating of the consolidated M&E work plan and M&E frameworks for all ongoing projects;
- Assisting in the development and implementation of appropriate data collection and analysis instruments, methodologies (e.g. survey questionnaires, focus group discussions, key-informant interviews) and data/information dissemination/utilization plans;
- Assisting in the development of the ToRs and mission plans and carrying out assessments, monitoring and evaluations (baselines, mid-terms, endlines) as reflected in the ToR and mission plan;
- Assisting in maintaining electronic and/or paper-based MIS systems for tracking and reporting all quantitative data and information;
- Assisting in supervising of data collection activities as reflected in the mission plans;
- Assisting in measuring and reporting on qualitative and quantitative input, process, output, outcome, impact, objective, and goal-level performance indicators for all projects;
- Analyzing AME data and produce reports, factsheets with useful statistical analysis and presentation (charts, tables, histograms, box plots) as necessary in a timely manner;
- Assisting documentation and sharing the lessons learnt and best practices on time and ensure that the knowledge gained contributes to the improvement of projects and influence the strategic development of future projects and activities;
- Contributing to organizing and facilitating learning events in order to capture best practices and lessons learnt when a project closes or as required;
- Providing regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members;
- Participating in M&E-related conferences and workshops when possible and stay up to date of best practices and new knowledge created in the field of M&E;
- Contributing to the implementation of the beneficiary Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM) for the country mission in line with ACTED standard beneficiary CRM procedures;
- Performing any other related activities as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Required skills and qualifications
- University Degree in Public Administration, International Affairs, or a related field preferable
- Experience establishing and/or working with community groups desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Design, Monitoring and Evaluation experience in humanitarian/development settings
- Knowledge of and experience in field-based data collection methods
- Willingness to live and work in an insecure environment
- Relevant local language and/or regional experience highly desirable
To apply for this job please visit www.acted.org.