Drivers wanted (3 posts)Posted by: bettertomorrowjobs | Posted on: February 19, 2021
Website Kenya Leather Development Council (KLDC)
Kenya Leather Development Council (KLDC) is a State Corporation which was established by the Government of Kenya under the Kenya Leather Development Council Order to provide leadership and policy direction in regulation, production processing and marketing in leather industry so as to promote equitable development and poverty reduction.
Pursuant to this objective, the Council is seeking to recruit qualified individuals for the positions of: Driver II (3 posts)
Job reference number: KLDC/010/2021
The ideal candidate will be responsible for provision of reliable and secure driving services and proper use of vehicle.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Ensuring security and safety for the vehicle on and off the road;
- Driving vehicles safely for the transport of authorized personnel and/or goods;
- Detecting and reporting malfunctioning of vehicle systems;
- Carrying out checks on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical and brake systems, tyre pressure and other related routine checks;
- Ensuring proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of work ticket;
- Ensuring availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, first aid kit, necessary spare parts;
- Maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle;
- Ensuring that immediate steps as required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident;
- Performing any other related duties as required.
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade D+ or its equivalent;
- valid driving license free from any current endorsement(s) for class(es) of vehicle;
- Passed an Occupational Trade Test I/II/III for Drivers;
- Defensive Driving Certificate from the Automobile Association (AA) of Kenya or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Having attended a First-Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one (1) week at St. John Ambulance or Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized institution;
- refresher course for drivers lasting not less than one (1) week at Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized institution;
- A minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience;
- Proficiency in computer applications is an added advantage;
- Show merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Interested candidates are expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application, copies of:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from recognized Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Interested and qualified candidates are advised to download and complete the Candidates’ Profile and Application Form available at the link below:
Indicate the Job Reference Number on the Job Application Form and send to email@example.com attaching certified copies of academic certificates and professional qualifications and National ID.
Hand-delivered application can also be dropped at the Council’s Reception Desk located at
CPA Centre, 5th Floor,
next to KCA University,
so as to reach them not later than 5.00 pm, on Tuesday 2nd March, 2021.
Kenya Leather Development Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women, Youth, Persons living with disabilities and those from marginalized communities and minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org