Financial Systems AccountantPosted by: bettertomorrowjobs | Posted on: June 9, 2021
Website Jubilee Holdings Limited
Job Ref. No. HRJIC625
Position: Financial Systems Accountant
Jubilee Insurance was established in August 1937, as the first locally incorporated Insurance Company based in
Mombasa. Jubilee Insurance has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become the largest Composite insurer in East Africa, handling Life, Pensions, General and Medical Insurance. Today, Jubilee is the number one insurer in East Africa with over 450,000 clients. Jubilee Insurance has a network of offices in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi and Mauritius. It is the only ISO certified insurance group listed on the three East Africa stock exchanges – The Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE), Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. Its regional offices are highly rated on leadership, quality and risk management and have been awarded an AA- in Kenya and Uganda, and an A+ in Tanzania. For more information, visit www.JubileeInsurance.com.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for Financial Systems Accountant, Jubilee Holdings Limited.
The position holder will report to the Finance Manager and will be based at Head Office in Nairobi.
The role holder will manage and operate the financial system and provide support to the Finance Team. The role
holder will act as an interface between the Finance team and IT department and work closely with the Finance Manager
and Group Chief Finance Officer to ensure detailed review and analysis of Company results.
1. Conduct detailed and timely review of monthly and annual results of each company within the Group, provide a
detailed analysis and explanations of variances.
2. Keep a full timetable for monthly reporting and chase / follow up with respective entity CFO’s for the entity reporting
3. Process confirmation that the Oracle Financial system numbers at holdings level are the same as those reported at
the subsidiary level, the OFA system is functioning properly at subsidiary level in terms of drawing data from the
six core systems and the host to host platform is fully operational.
4. Conduct detailed review of systems and processes as required, assist in the implementation of adequate and
effective internal controls. Be a specialist in oracle environment especially Oracle Financials (OFA).
5. Conduct detailed review of processes and controls where fraudulent activity identified and develop and implement
processes and controls to minimize such activity in the future.
6. Conduct detailed investigation of old reconciling items and make recommendations for improvement.
7. Review and analyse solvency for each company and track progress towards solvency targets.
8. Assist in the preparation and review of the annual published consolidated financial statements and entity financial
9. Ensure business intelligence reports are extracted from the financial systems and available to stake holders on a
24/7/365 basis. Generate reports for the businesses based on their individual needs and specific to that line of
10. Developing and maintaining system processes and procedures to support the finance function
11. Standardizing processes and controls across the organization & implementing 12. Acting as a key liaison with the IT department on system stability and maintenance.
13. Critically assessing and challenging current finance service delivery methods in order to identify improvements to
1. Market awareness
2. Continuous Innovation
3. Communication skills
4. Ownership & Commitment
5. Customer focus
6. Team Spirit
7. Solutions driven
8. Results oriented
1. Degree in Finance related field
2. Certified Public Accountant CPA(K) or equivalent
3. Oracle Financials.
4. IFRS reporting environment
Minimum 4 years of progressive experience in the financial services industry, large audit firms or accounting
environment with strong digital, technology and IT literacy skills.
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, please apply via Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting the Job Reference Number and Position by 15th June 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to Recruitment@jubileekenya.com