Deputy Head TeacherPosted by: bettertomorrowjobs | Posted on: January 30, 2021
Website Kitengela International School (KISC)
Kitengela International School (KISC) is a leading group of schools offering both British International Curriculum and the Kenyan System of education with branches in various counties.
Due to growth in current campuses as well as planned opening of new British International Curriculum School a vacancy has risen for the position of Deputy Head Teacher
Reporting to the Head Teacher, he/she will assist the head teacher in providing professional leadership, supervisory and administration support.
He/she should be highly competent, experienced, dynamic and motivated educational leader who will assist the Head of School in managing the activities of the school.
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Must have a proven track record in educational leadership including school administration, classroom instruction, lesson plans, pupil assessment and staff development.
- Holder of degree or Diploma in Education (P1) or equivalent qualification
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills that enables open communication with parents, teachers and learners.
- Experience as a Deputy Head Teacher for at least 3 years.
- The flexibility to learn and adapt to new cultures.
- A self-motivated, energetic person who enjoys working in a busy and dynamic working environment.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft packages
- Demonstrates ability to think and act critically, creatively and independently.
- Professional Development Qualifications in International Curricula is an added advantage.
- Registered with Teacher Service Commission (TSC) or other equivalent foreign organization.
Duties / responsibilities:
Among the duties and responsibilities of the deputy head teacher will be assisting the School Head in:
- Building a strong and cohesive culture that is supported by effective systems and structures.
- Ensuring the vision for the school is clearly articulated, shared, understood and acted upon effectively by all.
- Providing regular feedback to colleagues in a way that recognizes good practice and supports their progress against professional and performance management objectives.
- Setting targets and goals for school staff through a participative process.
- Monitoring coverage of the syllabus, quality of teaching and effectiveness of learning outcomes.
- Conducting annual reviews based on standards of leadership, teaching and learning in specific areas of responsibility.
- Providing leadership in guiding the various co-curricular activities and school based events.
- Ensuring teachers and support staff have all necessary working resources required in undertaking their responsibilities.
- Handling behavior rectification matters to develop unique, courteous, respectful individuals.
- Working closely with senior school management to achieve high levels of team spirit and synergy.
- Managing school operations in the absence of the School Head.
- Building effective relationships with parents, education partners and external stakeholders.
How to apply:
Only those shortlisted shall be contacted. You are encouraged to attach your resume in PDF format to protect formatting.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com