Business Development & Partnerships LeadPosted by: bettertomorrowjobs | Posted on: January 4, 2021
Website The Kenyan Wallstreet
The Kenyan Wallstreet is looking for a talented individual to lead the organisation’s Business Development and Digital Partnerships team, working in Distribution to help reinvent the Kenyan Wallstreet for a new generation.
This is an exciting opportunity to work at one of East Africa’s leading digital media startups, partner with leading companies, innovate with cutting edge of digital media and develop strategies in digital content areas, ranging from podcasts to digital news.
The Business Development and partnerships lead will be responsible for forming strategic partnerships and managing key relationships with the organisation’s current and potential partners while unlocking new revenue opportunities.
- Collaborating with the marketing team around content strategy and performance
- Creating and selling integrated marketing programs for blue-chip advertisers, financial institutions, consumer technology, conglomerates, manufacturers, as well as a range of start-ups and digital agencies.
- Developing the go-to-market digital media strategy and sales plan for the region to advance the company’s objectives and deliver revenue, profitability, and growth.
- Developing workflow process to coordinate between sales, editorial and marketing
- Responsible for negotiating contracts, and be the point person for key relationships with the organisation’s partners
- Supporting existing client relationships, and identify and build new relationships to drive commercial growth
- Implementing a metrics-based system for monitoring performance and reporting both internally and to clients
- Working with the organisation’s content creators to ensure proper fulfilment and delivery
- Maintaining revenue pipeline and forecasting
- Strong and effective communication skills
- Experience in selling branded content and building custom ad units and developing long term partnerships
- Meeting or exceeding revenue goals on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis across digital, mobile, video, branded content.
- Working cross-functionally across Marketing, Editorial/Content and Product teams
- Track record of successfully building, executing and closing sales pitches
- Building existing account relationships while prospecting and developing new accounts
- Ability to operate in a start-up environment, juggle multiple responsibilities simultaneously, and work well with a diverse customer base
- Experience in managing digital advertising campaigns
- Experience in selling a wide variety of advertising formats
- Experience managing successful client relationships
- Background in news/current affairs media a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, highly motivated, entrepreneurial and strong orientation toward client relationships
- Become part of a highly professional and dynamic team.
- A unique education in scaling new internet concept particularly in this part of the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
- Flexible working arrangements
To apply for this opportunity online, click on the link below:
To apply for this job please visit kenyanwallstreet.com.