Finance Officer IIPosted by: bettertomorrowjobs | Posted on: May 5, 2021
Website Retirement Benefits Authority (RBA)
The Retirement Benefits Authority (RBA) is established under the Retirements Benefits Act No. 3 of 1997 as a body corporate with the core statutory mandate to: regulate and supervise the establishment and management of retirement benefits schemes; protect the interests of members and sponsors of retirement benefits sector; promote the development of the retirement benefits sector; and to advise the Cabinet Secretary on the national policy to be followed with regard to retirement benefits schemes and to implement all Government policies relating thereto.
The Authority seeks to recruit qualified and competent staff on short term temporary employment contract for a period of only six (6) months for the position of:
Finance Officer II (RBA/4/3/4/2021/01)
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: Commerce, Finance, Accounting or equivalent from a recognized University;
- Certified Public Accountant II as a minimum or equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in computer proficiency from a recognized institution;
- At least one (1) year relevant work experience;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution.
KRA 1: Data
- Participate in compilation of financial information on money received by RBA from various sources.
- Assist senior officers to compile data on payments made by RBA to various payees.
KRA 2: Accounting Systems
- Work with others to develop/implement adequate internal controls.
- Participate in issue/use of various accounting tools – payment vouchers, imprest warrants, cheque books, receipts, etc.
KRA 3: Revenue
- Assist to plan and revenue forecasting – such as budgets and proposals for funding of projects/programs.
- Assist in receipting of revenue from various sources – exchequer issues, clients, and development partners.
KRA 4: Expenditure
- Work with senior officers to prepare payment documents on claims and payments to employees, suppliers, and statutory authorities.
- Participate in organizing approval of payment documents, allocation of funds for the payments, and effecting the payments.
- Participate in the preparation of financial reports and management reports
KRA 5: Assets
- Maintain the assets register and ensure regular updates
- Work with others to tag assets and enter details in the assets management system.
- Assist in computing assets depreciation and verify balances on each account.
Terms of Offer
These positions offer a competitive remuneration package, excellent opportunity to make a contribution to the performance of the Authority.
RBA is an Equal opportunity employer, employer of choice, and all qualified Kenyans are encouraged to apply.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result in automatic disqualification.
Retirement Benefits Authority (RBA) is ISO 9001:2015 Certified
To apply for this job please visit recruitment.rba.go.ke.