Internship opportunity at The Council of Governors of Kenya (CoG)Posted by: bettertomorrowjobs | Posted on: February 10, 2021
Website The Council of Governors of Kenya (CoG)
The Council of Governors of Kenya (CoG) wishes to recruit an Intern to support the Urban Planning, Housing, Development, Lands, Infrastructure & Energy Committee at the Council:
About the role
Support the Urban Planning, Housing, Development, Lands, Infrastructure & Energy Committee in monitoring best practices and emerging trends and technologies with respect to Urban Planning.
Duties and responsibilities
• Assist in the day to day activities of the Urban Planning, Housing, Development, Lands, Infrastructure & Energy Committee at the Council;
• Analysis, review and monitoring of all policies and legislation at national and county levels relating to the Urban Development Committee, Planning and Lands Committee;
• Conduct research work, analysis of documents and preparation of position papers, policy briefs, success stories in the Urban Planning, Housing, Development, Lands, Infrastructure & Energy Committee;
• Analysis of how various functions are to be performed by both levels of government to support Urban Development and to;
• Assist in coordination and harmonization of CoG positions and priorities on Land administration and management matters;
• Representing the Council of Governors externally at events and with external stakeholders;
• Serve as point of contact for day-to-day management issues of Land administration and management within the Council of Governors;
• Assist in handling and monitoring all matters relating to the management and sustainability of urban areas and cities within Counties;
• Assist to gather information on matters related to land survey and mapping;
• Supporting in seeking for transparent, sustainable, and accountable solutions for subdividing and transferring of land;
• Assist in coordinating and gathering details of conference timelines and ensuring that deadlines are met;
• Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Duration of the assignment
The internship duration is for a period of six (6) months.
The Assignments will be task managed by the Council of Governors Committee supervised by and reporting to the Program Assistant – Urban Planning, Housing, Development, Lands, Infrastructure & Energy Committee.
• Bachelor Degree in Urban and Regional Planning from a recognized Institution;
• Certificate in Computer applications.
• Experienced in undertaking comprehensive research;
• Outstanding Interpersonal, analytical and communication skills;
• Ability to follow deadlines, accuracy and attention to detail;
• A high level of computer literacy and proficient in written and spoken English and Kiswahili;
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Qualified and interested persons should send their CV with names and addresses of three referees and Cover letter ONLY to email@example.com on or before Friday 12th February, 2021, indicating the name of the position applying for in the subject on the email.
Council of Governors is an equal opportunity Employer.
Persons living with disabilities and Persons from the marginalized areas are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org